Monday, February 27, 2012

It's time to explain myself....

Do you want the good news or the bad news first?

Bad News: I'm not going to be blogging anymore. Let me explain myself...

Let's be honest, some of you have probably already given up on me, as I haven't updated in about a month and before that the posts were getting very sporadic.

I started this blog as a way to document and showcase my adventures through baking and although it's been fun, my life has started to take me in a different direction. Upon moving back to Northern Virginia, our schedules drastically changed- MM gets home late now leaving most of the cooking up to me and now that we're close to friends and family, our evenings and weekends are often dedicated to spending time with them.

Good News: I'm dedicating more time to cakes.

If you've followed my adventures, you know of my passion for baking and cake decorating. When we moved back closer to home I knew I wanted to try and take my cake business to the next level... so after lots of time and energy, selfless plugs, free advertising and great friends, I'm spending more and more time in the kitchen baking cakes for clients (paying clients!) It's been great so far and I'm very optimistic of what the future holds. All that being said, most of the time I used to spend concocting delicious creations for you all is now spent whipping up wonderful cakes.

Now time to get sappy...

Thank You.

I want to take a second and thank everyone that has followed or commented and been a part of this adventure throughout the past couple of years- it's been a great experience and I've met some awesome people along the way. The blogging world was definitely something that I never anticipated being a part of, but it was definitely fun and I felt like I was always learning something!

Please don't think of this as goodbye.. it's more like, See ya later! I'll still be around.. you're just going to have to use new ways to find me.

If you like me, you can always come by on facebook.. drop in and say "Hello!" Not to mention, you'll be able to keep up with what I am still doing in the kitchen.

Of course you can always take a peek at my cakes (or order one if you're in Northern VA-selfless plug): http://www.sweetsbye.com/

I just opened an etsy shop as well, so no matter where you are, you can indulge in a sweet!

And I'm going to be making more of an effort to tweet- @sweetebakes.. cake focused of course.

Well... I think that's all I got... Thanks for everything you wonderful wonderful people!! 


As always, Happy Baking and Keep it Sweet!!