Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie & Christmas Cookies


Has this Christmas snuck up on anyone else?

Seems like just yesterday I was walking down the aisle and now, all of a sudden, it's Christmas time!

Can I let you in on a little secret? I just finished my Christmas shopping this week...like as in Monday afternoon..thank goodness for the internet.

And you can imagine if it took me that long to get my stuff together to buy gifts, that my cookie/holiday baking also took a hit.

In addition to the busy-ness that was my whole month of Decemeber, my cake business has been booming recently (yay!) and with two cakes to bake and decorate every weekend I really haven't had the chance to spend any other time in the kitchen.

By this time last year I was smooth sailing till Christmas- I had all my cookies baked...




and Jeweled Lace Cookies (only 35 calories a cookie!)
Not this year though... I just started baking cookies this past weekend! Would you all still want to see what I've made even after the holiday is over??

So while I'm not sharing any new cookies with you this year (yet)...If you're anything like me, and you've been slacking this year for one reason or another, I have the perfect dessert to make it up to you. This is sure to be a crowd pleaser at any Christmas dinner- a little twist on a holiday classic, this pecan pie infused with bourbon and chocolate chips will put a smile on anyone's face.
Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie
Adapted from myrecipes.com
Bake: 425/350 Total time: 1 hour

3 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup light corn syrup
4 TBS butter, melted
3/4 cup brown sugar
3 TBS bourbon
2 TBS AP flour
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 package prepared pie crust

Preheat oven to 425. Press pie crust into 9-inch pie dish as directed on package and press/crimp edges.
In a large bowl, mix eggs, corn syrup, butter, brown sugar, bourbon, flour and vanilla until well combined.
Fold in pecans and chocolate chips.


Pour mixture into prepared pie shell.

Bake for 15 minutes at 425, then reduce temperature to 350 and continue to bake for 45 minutes.
Transfer to cooling rack and allow to completely cool before serving.

Happy Holidays
and
Happy Baking!