Thursday, December 17, 2009

Bananananana bread


Oops. It just so happens a few bananas happened to get too ripe and the only way to save them was by making them into delicious banana bread. I found a no fail recipe for Banana Bread on allrecipes.com a while back and have stuck by it with a few additions of my own. Every once and a while I'll add a few chocolate chips, and with this batch I also added some cocoa to the mix. Since I was trying something a little new I just split my normal bath into two, which explains the thin slices- but don't worry it was still an office hit!

'Oh my goodness this is good!' Banana Bread
bake time: 35-45min

2 cups AP flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup brown sugar or 1 cup white sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter
1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 or 3 bananas)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup milk

chocolate variation: 
add 1 tbs cocoa powder
1 cup chocolate chips

-Preheat oven 350
-Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
-Cream sugar and butter, beat in egg, add bananas and vanilla
-Mix in sifted ingredients (add cocoa here)
-Stir in milk (add chips)