Sunday, December 13, 2009

My love affair with baked goods

I'm not exactly sure how it happened, but one day I woke up and I was in love...in love with baking. Now, this love affair didn't come completely out of the blue: I've baked a few dozen cookies in my day, dabbled with breads, and ripped open a package of Betty Crocker cake mixes a time or two, but it wasn't until a few years ago when my youngest brother graduated from high school that I decided to attempt a completely homemade cake...and that was the beginning of the affair. 

My first endeavor was a 3 layer chocolate cake with raspberry and chocolate ganache filling. It turned out better than I could have imagined and everyone else didn't seem to have too many complaints either. 

If there is something that you will learn about me and my cakes, I like to try new things and I'm always up for an adventure- I embrace my creativity and go in all the way. I hope you enjoy following my adventures, as much as I enjoy baking them...