Monday, October 25, 2010

"Off with her head!" Queen of Hearts Cake

This week I'm back on the east coast (for work), basking in the cool weather that Rhode Island always promises to bring. I knew I wouldn't be able to go to RI without taking some extra time to see my loves in Newport though, so I left early Saturday morning to spend one awesome night with my friends- catching up, laughing too hard, eating way to much delicious food and dancing the night away.

One of our fave restaurants Salvation Cafe.. 
My friend Liss takes the greatest pics.

But before I could leave to enjoy this good quality friend time, I had to finish the project that I had started earlier in the week.


This cake went to the same couple that requested the Strawberry Cake.. only this time the decorations were a little more elaborate and took a little more time. The couple was hosting a Halloween/Birthday party and they wanted a cake that represented Jenny's character: The Queen of Hearts.


The cake was my Favorite White Cake filled with layers of Chocolate Ganache and Strawberry Filling


"Off with her Head!"

Happy Baking!