Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Mountain Man proposes on a Mountain!


Well, he's finally making an honest woman out of me.

That's right everyone.. we're engaged!!

Little did I know that shortly after I posted my breakfast casserole, I would be skiing my way to married life.

still no clue it was a bout to happen..

Sunday was the first nice day on the mountain so we decided to take the longest lift to the top and ski all the way down.

As we got off the lift and prepared to head down, Mountain Man told us about a nice spot we should stop a little ways down to take some pictures. Unbeknownst to me this would be the spot and there were 2 other couples with us who already knew what was going to happen- sneaky sneaky.

When we got to the spot we took off our skis and took turns taking pictures with the most stunning view in the background. There also happened to be a mountain photographer there who came in handy a little later.

And then it happened...while looking out over the mountains, in true Mountain Man fashion, he got down on one knee and pulled out a ring. Holy Cow!


Our friends got it all on video and the photographer rushed over once she realized what was going on.. it was absolutely perfect! After I got feeling back in my hands and my shaking under control, we headed down to an Ice Bar about half way down the mountain for a celebratory drink and lots of phone calls.

So now the fun begins... planning a wedding from Texas that is going to be in Virginia next Fall is going to be quite the adventure, but I'm always game for a good adventure!


I promise I'll get you all some good posts in the coming week.. for now I'm still trying to let it sink in that I'm engaged!