Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Birthday America!

Dear America,

In celebration of your birthday I baked you a cake, just like I do all my favorite people!

Last year we made a pie in your honor...



...but this year I wanted to make sure you had something extra special so I personally decorated a cake for you.


I know you won't be here to blow out the candles, but that's okay because we probably wouldn't be allowed to light them anyways. Texas actually put a ban on all things related to your fireworks (even sparklers are out of the question) but don't worry, we're still going to celebrate... just fireless.


You're pretty special you know that? It's not every birthday that we get a whole day off from work to celebrate, so thanks :)

XOXO,
  E


I hope everyone's day is filled with grilling, cold drinks and good friends!

Happy 4th of July!!