Monday, July 11, 2011

Slattery Strawberry Bread


I know what you're thinking...I only posted once last week, but trust me, I had a very good reason for my absence...

I went home last week for 5 days of wedding/bridal/bachelorette festivities complete with menu tasting, invitation finalization, decoration planning and a wonderful "showerette"(a bridal shower followed by a bachelorette party coined by Fefe) that my amazing bridesmaids put together.


I'm lucky enough to still be ridiculously close with both my high school girlfriends and sorority sisters so orchestrating 14 girls was no easy task.

I not only received some fantastic gifts (plenty to be used to bring you all sweets!), but had a blast with all my girlfriends later that night too. I still can't believe I'm getting married in less than 100 days!

In honor of my beautiful best friend and MOH I wanted to showcase her mother's famous Strawberry Bread- this stuff is absolutely delicious and flies off the plate as soon as its served.


Strawberry Bread
2 10oz packages of frozen (or fresh) strawberries, defrosted 
4 eggs
1 1/4 cup vegetable oil
3 cups AP flour
2 cups sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
3 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 350 and grease loaf pan.
In a small bowl, combine strawberries, eggs and oil until blended.
In another bowl whisk flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. 
Add strawberries mixture to flour mixture and stir until blended.
Transfer batter to loaf pan and bake for about an hour or until toothpick comes out clean.
Allow to cool in the pan for about 20 minutes before removing and cooling completely.

 
Happy Baking!