Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Peach Tea Cupcakes (for 2)

6am comes way too early on Monday morning, but that didn't stop me from being inspired even before I could even make coherent sentences.


As I reached to the cabinet for the elixir of life (aka coffee), something caught my eye... Crystal Light Peach Tea. Might I remind you, it was 6am so I of course shrugged it off and continued to make my morning cup of joe. But I found myself unable to stop thinking about it throughout the day until I came up with something... cupcakes.

Instead of making a whole batch of cupcakes, I went a different direction inspired by Christina over at Dessert for Two. Christina has a blog devoted to recipes built for two (genius!), cupcakes included. After browsing through her site and getting ideas I went ahead and attempted to make my own dessert for two- I hope I made Christina proud! :)



Peach Tea Cupcakes (for 2)
inspired by Christina at Dessert for Two
Oven: 375 Bake Time: 18 minutes
Makes 4 cupcakes

2 TBS oil
3 TBS sugar
1 egg
1/4 tsp vanilla
2 TBS vanilla yogurt
2TBS water
2 tsp Crystal Light Peach Tea
6 TBS AP flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
dash of salt

Preheat oven to 375 and line cupcake tin with 4 paper liners.
Whisk oil and sugar. Add egg and beat until combined. Mix in vanilla.
In a small bowl, mix yogurt, water and tea until smooth and tea mix has dissolved completely.
Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
Alternate adding flour and tea mixture, beginning and ending with flour.
Transfer batter to cupcake tin and place in oven.
Bake for 18 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Transfer to cooling rack and cool completely before frosting.

Peach Buttercream
1 peach, skinned, pitted and pureed
4 TBS butter or crisco
1 TBS whipping cream
1 cup powdered sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp lemon juice

Beat butter, powdered sugar, whipping cream and vanilla until creamy and smooth. Fold in pureed peaches and lemon juice.
Happy Baking!