Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Sweet Factory


Last week I started a part-time job... on top of my full time job. When I found the add on Craigslist for a 'Creative Cupcake/Cake Decorator' I couldn't resist.  A few days a week I leave work at 5pm and head straight to a cute little sweet shop down the road where I spend a few more hours baking and decorating cookies and cupcakes until making my 30 minutes commute home to a wonderful boyfriend who makes me dinner.

Crazy? maybe. Lucky? absolutely.

I never thought I'd be so happy leaving work just to go do more work.


After putting in a long day working with soldiers and sitting in the computer, I trade it all in to work with cookies and cupcakes in my little nook in the kitchen...


My first project was decorating 120 bumble bee cookies... the next time you bite into a meticulously decorated cookie I suggest you take some time to think about all the time and energy that someone had to put into it and the fact that they may have developed carpel tunnel system in the process.. just something to think about :)

If you're ever in Killeen, Texas, stop on by The Sweet Factory..grab some ice cream, fill up on some candy or indulge in some delicious cupcakes... I'll be in the kitchen, loving life, happy as can be :)